Sunday, May 15, 2011

Surgery Time, March-April 2011

Tuesday, 3-29-11 - I had the best "room with a view" in the Port Angeles Hospital, though I wasn't in very good condition to appreciate it. Ted had fun taking pictures of all the boat traffic in the harbor.
3-29-11 - Had major abdominal explatory surgery at 9:00 a.m. Surgeon discovered an ovarian cyst had hemoraged and ruptured and 'stuck' a bunch of my internal organs together. He removed ovaries, fallopian tubes, appendix, and many adhesions. Very rough night brought about the nose tube (which helped immensely), and put me on the road to recovery.
Felt much better a couple of days later! April sent flowers along with the Teddy Bear, which served as my "belly bear" when I had to try and cough. It became my constant companion.
Beautiful flowers from Ted, April, and Diane & Jerry. Diane brought me home on Sunday, 4-3-11 at 1:30 p.m. Ted was in Seattle that day.
I'm posting this to the blog on Sunday, May 15, 2011. The incision is almost healed up all the way . Just a couple of spots are still very tender; the surgeon told me it had something to do with the dissolving stiches. Ted and I both came down with a really bad cold a couple of weeks ago, which had delayed recovery, but I'm looking forward to getting outside and working in the yard as soon as it stops raining (in beautiful sunny Sequim)! Ha, Ha.

No comments: