Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hip Replacement 1-4-12

 This is why I haven't updated the Blog since September 2011.  The new hip replacement surgery scheduled for 1-4-12 was on my mind a lot, plus getting around was quite painful - my hip kept locking up on me. :(
The new one below works much better! :)
  
The surgeon did an excellent job!  You can barely see the incision.

 Spent a lot of time making sure I was sleeping in the correct positions, with pillows between my legs.  The picture below shows the foam gadget they used in the hospital and sent home with me.  Not very comfortable!
 The picture below is a pretty good representation of where I spent a good deal of time for several weeks after the surgery.  The walker was essential for any and all movement around the house.  Full recovery took about 3 months (including physical therapy) and it was so worth it!  I'm looking forward to hitting a few tennis balls this summer.

No comments: