Friday, October 3, 2014

Angiogram - 4-28-14


Started playing pickle ball again on 4-1-14.  Noticed a tightness in my chest and was a little short of breath, but it went away.  Figured I was just out of shape from taking the winter off.  Played pb again 4-3-14; same tightness and short of breath; went away again.  On Friday 4-4-14 when I was out working in the yard my chest tightened up so hard I knew there was something seriously wrong.  Called my doctor, made appointment for next Tues.; got a resting EKG and he immediately scheduled me for an angiogram.  Met with Dr. Damron, the cardiologist who was going to perform the procedure on 4-18-14 in Bremerton, WA; procedure scheduled for 4-28-14.
 

 
4-28-14, 6:00 AM, Harrison Medical Center in Bremerton, WA.
Here we are waiting for my angiogram.  Ted's holding a pager so we'll know when it's my turn.  There were a lot of people lined up; amazing how common this is.

 
After the angiogram was completed by Dr. Damron he met with us to say he saw 2, possibly 3 blockages in the arteries of my heart and he recommended by-pass surgery.  I went in expecting a stent or two, but open heart surgery?  No way.  Kind of went into a weird 'state of shock'.  He schedule me for a post op appointment on 5-7-14; I met my heart surgeon Dr. Reed on 5-13-14, and he scheduled the surgery for Wednesday 5-21-14. 


No comments: